The Archdiocese of Washington requires all employees and volunteers that have contact with children must complete the requirements of the Child Protection policy.
The requirements include on-line registration, completion of an application, background check, as well as attendance at the Protecting God’s Children workshop.
Below are step-by-step instructions for completing the necessary requirements:
- Register for an account at virtus.org. At this time, sign up for a date to attend the Virtus training (Protecting God’s Children for Adults).
- Download, print, and fill out the Volunteer Application (also can be picked up at the school)
- Return the completed Volunteer Application to the school, Attn: Child Protection Coordinator
- Attend a 3 hour course on Child Lures: dates and times of courses found on the Virtus website.
These three things must be completed before a Background Check can be performed. Background checks are performed here at the school by appointment. You must bring:
- Two forms of State Issued Identifications (one must be a Photo ID)
- Signed Acknowledgement form attached in the back of the Child Protection Policy booklet which you will receive at the Child Lures class.
- Child Protection Certificate issued at the Child Lures class.