The Archdiocese of Washington requires all employees and volunteers that have contact with children must complete the requirements of the Child Protection policy.
The requirements include on-line registration, completion of an application, fingerprinting and background check, as well as attendance at the Protecting God’s Children workshop.
Below are step-by-step instructions for completing the necessary requirements:
- Register for an account at virtus.org. At this time, sign up for a date to attend the Virtus training (Protecting God’s Children for Adults).
- Download, print, and fill out the Volunteer Application (also can be picked up at the school)
- Return the completed Volunteer Application to the school, Attn: Child Protection Coordinator
- Receive the Authorization for fingerprint card, along with instructions. (You must have completed the Volunteer Application and already created a Virtus account)
- Call the Office of Employee & Volunteer Services to set up an appointment for fingerprinting. (301-853-5363)
- Arrive at your Fingerprinting appointment with the following: 1 – Authorization Form, 2 – Check or Money Order for $36 payable to CJIS, 3 – Valid Photo ID (driver license ok)
- Return the Fingerprint Receipt to the school, Attn: Child Protection Coordinator.
- Attend the previously scheduled Virtus training session. (Training may be attended before or after fingerprinting.)
- Provide the Child Protection Coordinator at the school with: – The last page of the Child Protection Policy booklet received at your training session. The last page has a Volunteer section that must be filled out and returned to the school, – The Original Virtus Training Certificate